ELLA HUTCHINSON, LPC-S, CSAT-C, CCSAS, CCPS
Ella Hutchinson is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in couples struggling with sexual addiction and partners of sex addicts. Ella has trained directly under Barbara Steffens and Marsha Means in the treatment of partners of sex addicts. She served three years with Barbara Steffens, Dan Drake, as well as other experienced and gifted sex addiction specialists on the Association for Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists (APSATS).
Ella specializes in marriage and relationship counseling with a focus on therapy for couples experiencing infidelity, sex addiction, pornography addiction and compulsive sexual behavior.
Counseling from a Christian perspective, Ella's therapy environment is centered on authenticity and unconditional positive regard. Her own personal experience and triumph with sex addiction in her marriage gives her a unique and empathetic perspective as a therapist.
Ella's counseling background includes treatment of a wide spectrum of relationship issues. She is ardently dedicated to working with couples dealing with infidelity, compulsive sexual behavior of a spouse and partners of sexual addicts. Passionate about trying to save a marriage Ella believes, "A marriage can be healed from the damage caused by sexual addiction, but both parties must be willing and motivated to get help."
Ella's ten years of experience in the mental health field includes work within inpatient and outpatient facilities, MHMR, Austin Police Department Victim Services and Hospice. Her professional counseling work began in 2006 and has included the treatment of depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, psychological crises and parenting in addition to marriage and relationship therapy
- Master of Arts in Counseling, St. Edward’s University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Cameron University
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified Clinical Sexual Addiction Specialist (CCSAS)
- Certified Clinical Partner Specialist (CCPS)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Christian Sex Addiction Specialists International (formerly IACSAS), Board Member
- Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists (APSATS)
- Christian Counselors of Texas
- American Association of Christian Counselors